“A goal is a dream with a deadline.” – Napoleon Hill
Selling a business is a difficult topic for many business owners. Despite that, it is important to set business sale goals. It is tough to understand options, know how the process works, or even what the first step should be. On top of that how to get a business listed and what the valuation should be are even more difficult topics. Even more, if an owner is selling to a family how can this be done to put the family member in a position to succeed but also unlock the value of the business that the current owner likely needs to retire on. This is part of the reason that only 30% of businesses are passed on to the second generation. However, it is estimated that $40.6 trillion will change hands by 2052 as Baby Boomers pass their accumulated assets on to their heirs and part wealth is in the form of businesses.
Our business sale goals strategy is to help business owners cut through all the confusion and complication. We work with them to help them understand their personal and business objectives. We do this with a process where we help them to learn where they are at in the process and what is most important to them. Having this information allows us to start to prepare their business for sale. Our business sale goals process includes assisting clients to:
- Define your motivation and sale timeline/urgency
- Define what you want to do after a sale
- Decide what you want for your business after a sale
- Prioritize your sale motivations and choosing the most important outcomes
Business Sale Goals Video
Our Business Sale Goals Sessions
Since each sale situation is unique we do sessions instead of packages to make sure we have the time needed for each step of the process. Selling your business is a big step and we can assist you to understand the objectives and what is important to you as you look to transition or sell your business.
Each Session Includes
- Up to 90 minute in-session with executive(s)
- Up to 60 minutes of setup, logistics, and preparation
- Summary write up and next steps document for each session
- *$50 off when purchased at the start
- **$100 off when purchased at the start
- One-on-one is preferred, but up to two other participants can be present
- Minimum of 3 sessions purchased to start is required
- Any time over set amounts will incur additional charges
- The default delivery method of our services is virtual (video conference, telephone, and email). In-person visits bring additional expenses including mileage, transport, airfare, meals, lodging, and other potential expenses. In-person options may be limited or not available due to various factors, including but not limited to, nationwide, state, or regional pandemics.
- Buy 1 Give 1 Community MBA Eligible Services
- 1) 5 Sessions