“Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
Economic development is the process by which the economic well-being and quality of life of a nation, region, or local community are improved. For business owners, this is important because of the role it has in attraction, retention, and growth of companies in a geographic location. Essentially, these economic development organizations have the information and know the people a business needs when it is determining where to locate a business. We have listed a few options near us geographically. For clients from further away, you can look for similar options closer to home. For clients, we identify the best resources as we work through the business planning and/or funding process. Talking with these people brings important items into focus, helps with location decisions, and could even yield additional ways to fund the business. We know these people and can help you understand when and how to reach out, to learn more contact us.
Iowa (Dubuque) – Economic Development Entities
- Greater Dubuque Development Corp – The Greater Dubuque Development Corporation helps shape Dubuque’s future through continued growth, prosperity, and inclusion. Greater Dubuque has six main goals:
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Workforce Solutions
- New Business Recruitment
- Sustainable Innovations
- StartUp Dubuque
- Dubuque’s True North
Wisconsin (Crawford, Iowa, Grant, Green, Lafayette, and Richland Counties)
- Prosperity Southwest Wisconsin – Stronger economic development and greater quality of life in Southwest Wisconsin through advanced manufacturing business services, progressive agriculture services, and increased tourism are the focus of Prosperity Southwest Wisconsin.
- Driftless Development (Crawford County) – Driftless Development INC is committed to creating a business-friendly environment to sustain and grow Crawford County businesses, large and small while attracting new business.
- Iowa County Economic Development – Iowa County development site that lists resources and information as part of the Iowa County website.
- Grant County Economic Development – Grant County has extensive economic development resources for manufacturing companies and the agriculture industry. Residents and tourists alike enjoy our excellent communities and natural topography.
- Green County Development Corp – GCDC can help you discover why Green County is the place for your company to grow and prosper. Whether you’re starting a new business, growing an existing business or looking for a new location, GCDC is your source for community data, available buildings and sites, labor force information and demographics.
- Lafayette Development Corp – Assist the communities of Lafayette County in their efforts to retain current businesses, including agricultural, and to promote the development of new business and industry, while enhancing the quality of life for residents.
- Community Prosperity Alliance (Richland County) – Community Prosperity Alliance is an economic development organization working to sustain and improve the quality of life for residents in Southwest Wisconsin.