“Money won’t make you happy… but everybody wants to find out for themselves.” – Zig Ziglar
Below are free resources that can help businesses, non-profits, and government agencies. We use these to assist and teach clients. However, for those who need assistance but may not be able to afford our service, we wanted to give you a place to start. To learn more you can contact us.
Financial Free Resources
- SBA Financial Terms Glossary – Great for those who want to know what financial terms mean, one of the great free resources SBA provides.
- Business loan estimator tool – an interactive calculator that allows you to provide inputs and see a full estimated repayment schedule so that you can plan around your capital needs and cash flow.
Lean Startup / Customer Development / Business Model Canvas
- Business Model Canvas – Best way to layout your business model is using this PDF download, we use this with most of our clients.
- Value Proposition Canvas – Great way to link pains and gains of the customer to products and services you can offer.
- Mission Model Canvas – Business model canvas for a non-profit or social venture.
Government Free Resources
- SBA Business Guide – Great for those who want to know what financial terms mean, one of the great free resources SBA provides.
- United States Census Bureau – Census information on the demographics of your community including population, housing, and the economy.
- U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics: Information on U.S. working conditions, labor market activity, and price changes in the economy.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office: Grants U.S. patents and registers trademarks.
- Veteran-owned businesses (SBA resources): Funding programs, training, and federal contracting opportunities for veteran entrepreneurs.
- Just the Bulb Podcast by former Univerity of Wisconsin – Platteville student Caleb Dykema, The podcast for new and aspiring entrepreneurs with the next big idea…but don’t know where to start. Check out Episode 13 to learn more about “Organizing Your Business and the 5 Major Startup Mistakes” which features our owner, Brock Waterman.