“A big business starts small.” – Richard Branson
According to the Association for Enterprise Opportunity, 92% of all US businesses are micro businesses. What is a micro business? It is a business with:
- annual sales of less than $250,000 per year
- assets valued at less than $250,000
- fewer than five employees, including the owner
Meanwhile small business makes up around 99.7% of all businesses in the United States. As part of their definition, small businesses can have up to 500 employees. Due to account size considerations, business consultants often focus on small businesses. However, we got our start working with micro businesses. Additionally, there are many micro businesses owned by our family and friends. Therefore, we recognize that micro businesses need quality, results-focused consulting help. All that has led us to create the Micro Businesses Assistance (MBA) service.
Our Micro Business Assistance (MBA) Service
Our service consists of three 90-minute meetings with company management to cover the following in each meeting:
- Business Model Review & Marketing Review
- Financials Review & Operations Review
- Goal and Metric Setting
Micro Business Assistance (MBA) Video
For each session the business owner will have to complete documents ahead of the meeting. They will also need to provide financial statements and other documents requested for analysis. Doing this allows us to prepare for the meeting ahead of time. It allows us to know what questions we need to ask. This directly benefits the client as the in-meeting time is used to achieve maximum impact. In the end we judge ourselves by the results we help clients to achieve.
Our goal for the MBA package, and all of our consulting, is to create a return many times over what was paid by the company. Many times we help business owners find cost savings larger than the cost of this package in the financial review (session #2). Sometimes though we find that owners are operating at maximum efficiency. This is great and it helps the organization focus on larger impact goals and metrics (session #3).
Micro Business Assistance (MBA)
All Packages Include
- Direct client communication and ability to ask questions
- Ability for client to give information via discovery document
- Focus on items that bring most impact for time or money
- The default delivery method of our services is virtual (video conference, telephone, and email). In-person visits bring additional expenses including mileage, transport, airfare, meals, lodging, and other potential expenses. In-person options may be limited or not available due to various factors, including but not limited to, nationwide, state, or regional pandemics.